I think I’ve excelled myself here. Here’s how I made my delicious Blueberry Inside Out Cake.
1. Heard that my brother might be bringing his girlfriend round tomorrow. Got all excited because she’s lovely, he’s happy and because we’re a bit short on aunties round here. Decided to make a cake.
2. Made cake batter according to the instructions on the side of the flour, to the letter. Apart from the baking powder, which I don’t like the taste of. Oh and added a handful of Blueberries (frozen).
3. Put the cake in a loaf tin and put in a preheated oven.
4. Stuck a skewer in the cake after 25 minutes, and found that the middle was still cold, although the outside looked slightly brown. Returned the cake to the oven. Repeated this at 35 and 45 minutes.
5. Noticed at 55 minutes that the top of the cake was burnt. Sliced the top off the cake and poured out the raw middle onto a new baking tray.
6. Put everything back in the oven for 10 minutes.
7. Cut the middle into pieces and shared with my children.
8. Cut the burnt bits off and cut the rest of the cake into pieces to present to my husband.
9. Opened all the windows and fanned the smoke detector until it stopped beeping.
Later I’m off to buy a cake. I do hope she likes it!